International Symposium on Emerging Technologies for Education (SETE’16)
Fueled by ICT technologies, e-learning environment in the education sector has become more innovative than ever before. Diversified emerging technologies containing various software and hardware components provide underlying infrastructure to create enormous potential educational applications incorporated by proper learning strategies. Moreover, those prevalent technologies might also lead to changes of educational environment, so as learning performance. Meanwhile, new paradigms are also emerging along with the purpose of bringing these innovations to a certain level where they are widely accepted and sustainable. Therefore, this symposium aims at serving as a meeting point for researchers, educationist and practitioners to discuss state-of-the-art and in-progress researches, exchange ideas and share experiences about emerging technologies for education. This symposium attempts to provide opportunities for the cross-fertilization of knowledge and ideas from researchers in diverse fields that make up this interdisciplinary research area. We hope that the implications of findings of each work presented in this symposium can be used to improve the development of educational environments.
SETE’ 2016, the first Annual International Symposium on Emerging Technologies for Education is in conjunction with ICWL 2016 organized by Hong Kong Web Society. SETE is opened to the public for organizing a workshop or track to achieve diversity of the symposium.
Call for papers (PDF)
Areas of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Emerging Technologies for Open Access to Education and Learning
- Emerging Technologies Supported Personalized and Adaptive Learning
- Emerging Technologies of Design, Model and Framework of Learning Systems
- Emerging Technologies Support for Intelligent Tutoring
- Emerging Technologies Support for Game-based and Joyful Learning
- Emerging Technologies Enhanced Language Learning
- Emerging Technologies Supported Big Data Analytics in Education
- Emerging Technologies Supported Collaborative Learning
- Emerging Technologies of Pedagogical Issues
- Emerging Technologies for Affective Learning
- Emerging Technologies for Tangible Learning
Paper Submission & Publication
- Submissions will be handled through the dedicated Easychair page
- Submitted papers have to be formatted according to the Springer LNCS Authors Guidelines
- Submitted as a PDF file
- They are subject to double-blind review process, so they should not contain authors’ names, affiliations, or any other information that may disclose authors’ identity.
- The Technical Program Committee of SETE will manage the review process and will accept submitted papers either as Full Paper (having a maximum of 10 pages) or as Short Paper (having a maximum of 6 pages).
All accepted papers presented at the conference will be published as a volume in Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Outstanding paper will be selected to publish as volume in International Journal of Technology and Engineering Education or Journal of Internet Technology (SCI).
- Paper submission deadline: June 11th extended till July 1th
- Notification of paper acceptance: July 29th
- Camera-ready papers and registration: August 20th
- Conference dates: Oct. 26th-29th